Friday, 16 July 2010
well, after a brief return to normalcy, sparklet’s sleeping habits are back to being a royal pain in the rear. she’s fighting us going down, and isn’t usually staying down for long.at one point this week i stopped asking God for world peace, and started asking him to focus on letting me sleep.
based on last night’s events, he wasn’t amused:
- 8:20 pm — after 40 minutes of trying, sparklet is finally asleep … but not until a full hour after her bedtime.
- 8:35 pm — ha, ha! just kidding, we’re awake.
- 9:52 pm — seriously, sparklet. go to sleep. i walk in and she is sitting upright, but listing deeply to the side because she can’t keep her eyes open.
- 10:28 pm — the lady sparkler finishes up pumping, and we bunk down for the night.
- 1:10 am — it’s morning in babyland! the lady sparkler takes the first shift and stuffs a bottle in her face.
- 1:25 am — the lady sparkler runs out of steam, and the hollering gets me up and out of bed. i take over.
- 1:38 am — oops, looks like sparklet’s wet through her diaper! and now, after 25 minutes of feeding, she’s wide away and not the least bit interested in taking a bottle and/or going to bed.
- 2:10 am — after tipping sparklet over for the umpteenth time (i swear she would try to sleep sitting up if we’d let her) she’s out, and i start for bed.
- 3:01 am — i’m just about asleep when i get a call from a friend who is due to birth a baby girl in a couple of weeks. my heart leaps like a gizelle. turns out she hit the wrong button on her phone. false alarm.
- 4:14 am — i’m just about asleep when sparklet’s up again, but (haha!) this time she is sound asleep once again by the time i get to the crib. funny.
- 5:01 am — i’m rattled awake when an earthquake strikes suburban maryland. I’M NOT MAKING THIS UP.
- 5:30 am — just about asleep (for the first time since 1:10am) i remember to shut off my alarm so that i can squeeze an extra couple of minutes of sleep in the morning.
- 6:58 am — the lady sparklet wakes me up to tell me that i don’t need to get up. (still figuring that one out.)
- 7:20 am — i give up and go to work.
there you go. independent proof that God doesn’t have a sense of humor. at least, not about sleep vs. world peace.
abs(): Argument #1 ($num) must be of type int|float, string given